Goals of the Darlington County School District Foreign Language Curriculum
At the completion of their study of foreign language, students should be able to:
1) Communicate at the developing level benchmark in oral, aural, and written speech,
2) Show evidence of cultural knowledge by knowing how, when, and why to say what to whom,
3) Connect with other disciplines to acquire information and concepts that will facilitate their continued learning across the curriculum,
4) Compare language, social behaviors, and cultural views to observe and analyze their own society and communication system and to develop insight into their own language and culture, and
5) Realize and understand the interdependence of people throughout the world.